Get involved - raise funds for your project at our online crowdfunding events
Inviting Hackney's non-profit community organisations to make a six-minute online pitch to raise funds for work to support residents impacted by the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic
Hackney Giving Live events are interactive, community evenings which bring together Hackney's non-profit groups with change makers - people living and working in Hackney and beyond who want to donate to good causes.
Using an approach pioneered by our project partner, The Funding Network, three community groups present a six-minute pitch for funding in front of a live audience. Each group then has two minutes to answer questions from the audience and this is followed by live pledging where audience members make donations - totalling thousands of pounds per evening.
We are looking for 9 groups to pitch in 2021 and the first live crowdfunder will be held online on 18 February 2021.
Supporting communities disproportionately impacted by health and social inequalities during the ongoing pandemic
- We will bring an audience of donors online to you to help raise vital funds for your grassroots communnity projects
- Our corporate volunteers will help you to write and practise your pitch in time for the evening
- We will lead on press relations - increasing your project's profile with online & print media
- We have match funding guaranteed of £2k for each selected group as a starting figure and we hope to double this to £4k or more per group. A great return on a 6 minute presentation!
- We are seeking to select a range of projects that support Hackney’s diverse communities, and especially those communities disproportionately impacted by health and social inequalities and the ongoing pandemic
- Apply here by 6pm on Thursday 17 December.
If you have any queries, please contact: Matt Bray, email: email@example.com / tel: 020 7923 1962
"My 15 year old son would not come out of his room during the lockdown and I didn't know what he was doing, he would isolate himself and be on social media for long hours. London Saz School's online lessons made him make new friends, he learnt how to play guitar and not only during lesson hours, he would rehearse a good 5 hours a day and would spend his time with us and he was always excited to make us listen his music".
A parent's feedback. Hackney Giving funded London Saz School to support young people during the first lockdown.